ALLEN PARK -- Notes from Monday's practice session.
- Brandon Pettigrew is changing numbers from 84 to 87. Linebacker Justin Durant switched numbers with rookie Doug Houge. Durant will be 52 and Houge will be 57.
- Defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch practiced today. Showed the same high level intensity you would expect from him.
- Running back Maurice Morris was practicing with no cast.
- Rookie defensive tackle Nick Fairely (foot) was here and not practicing. Looked like he had his boot off.
- Running back Jahvid Best had some issues with drops early on camp, but they appear to be gone. He looked strong receiving the ball today during quarterback-running back drills. He kept his eyes on the ball, did a good job of catching the ball away from his body, tucking it and turning up field.
- There was a scary moment during positional drills, when Corey Williams came up funny after running an individual drill. He appeared to be limping and took a knee while getting attention from a trainer. After a few minutes, he put his helmet back on and got back to work.
- It was interesting to see a portion of the punting drills. Not because of the special teamers necessarily, but because of Stafford and Johnson. With most of the team standing idle, Stafford and Johnson spent time in a pitch and catch session. It was nothing serious, but at the same time demonstrates the desire they both have to have that special connection they need to be a dynamic combination.