A franchise in transition, the Detroit Lions hoped to draft players in April that will be consistent…
Calhoun Could Be Lions "Slash"
ALLEN PARK - It's not going to happen now or even in the next minicamp scheduled for the end of the month, but sooner or later, Brian Calhoun is going to upset the apple cart in the Lions offensive pecking order. Calhoun, a third-round pick from Wisconsin in late April, was a player hand-picked by Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz to be used as 'that guy'... you know, the one who's splitting out of the backfield as a fourth or fifth receiver, the little back who catches the ball in the flat and breaks down the defense, the guy who drops back to field a punt instead of the regular returner, that guy who's just a pain in the neck for the defense. Right now, Calhoun is in learning mode, absorbing the...
252 Fans online
- *** OFFICIAL LIONS 53-MAN CUT THREAD *** <- Keep it HERE
- ***Lions @ Bills Preseason Game Night Thread***
- The Case For Kellen Moore
- I bet Dungy is snickering at Eric Woods comments.
- Who do YOU want to backup Stafford?